"Because of its high efficiency at filtering out tiny particulates, HEPA filtration is recommended for those individuals who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems..."
- American Lung Association
“Of primary concern from a health standpoint are small, invisible respirable-size particles, with a higher probability of penetrating deep into the lungs…. And may cause chronic health effects.”
-US EPA Study
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association & EPA)
- 20% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- The average 6-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
- The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (USEPA)
- Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC/Air Duct System.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies.
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Total Health and Better Health Magazines)
- 10-12 million Americans suffer from Asthma. (American College of Allergists)
- Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Most commercially available fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient. (ASHRAE)